Monday, December 19, 2011

Witnessing your faith

I think I've said this before, I'll say it again, I hate being sick! I came home from a church Christmas party not feeling too well. I woke up this morning not any better so I didn't go to school. I'm feeling better though thankfully. So last night I was looking at posts on my Ipod that my friends re-posted. One really caught my attention. I won't tell you the whole thing but I will write some of it.

" Why do we fall asleep during church but stay awake during a 3 hour movie? Why is it so easy to worship a celebrity but so hard to engage in God? Why do people laugh at you for being religious but put praise you for being dirty and vain? Why is it so easy to purchase drugs and not donate 25 cents to charity? Why is it so easy to brag about clothes, family, money, but not that you have Jesus Christ as a savior? Why is it so hard to talk about God but so easy to talk about dirty things? Jesus said "If you deny me in front of your friends, I will deny you in front of my father."

These are things I wonder myself very often. Have you been witnessing about your faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment